1Collect your supplies. Making a circle skirt is straightforward and also you don’t even want a sample. To make a circle skirt, you’ll need:
- one yard of stretch cloth (within the shade of your selection)
- a fitted skirt (one that matches you effectively)
- stitching machine
2Fold the material 4 occasions. Take your stretch cloth and fold it in half in order that the shortest edges are even with one another. Then, fold your cloth once more in order that the lengthy edges are even.
- If in case you have chosen a print cloth, guarantee that the print is dealing with in.
- Lay your cloth on the bottom when you find yourself completed.
/Eight/82/Make a Circle Skirt Step 2 Model 5.360p.mp4
ThreeLower a bit of material off on your waistband. You have to to have a few strips of material to make use of on your waistband, so lower in a straight line a couple of inches away from the slim fringe of the open a part of your cloth. Don’t lower alongside the folded aspect. 
- Set these strips apart for now.
/zero/0d/Make a Circle Skirt Step Three Model 5.360p.mp4
FourUse the fitted skirt as a information for the waist. Fold the fitted skirt 4 occasions length-wise after which place the waistband of the folded fitted skirt over the sting of the folded nook of your stretch materials. Use the width of the folded fitted skirt as a information for a way large to make the waistband of your circle skirt.
- To create the waistband, take your scissors and lower a half circle for the waistband that’s about the identical width because the width of the folded fitted skirt.
- It’s higher to chop the waist slightly smaller. Keep in mind that the material is stretchy and you’ll at all times make it slightly wider if that you must.
- Should you choose, you may also measure your waist circumference with a measuring tape. Simply divide the quantity by 4 to find out how large to make the lower for the waist.
/5/54/Make a Circle Skirt Step Four Model 5.360p.mp4
5Lower the underside of the skirt. Subsequent, take your scissors and lower alongside the outer fringe of the underside of the skirt (the unfolded half). Guarantee that the underside of the skirt is about the identical size throughout. Chances are you’ll must trim roughly cloth off of some areas to create a pleasant round form.
- Don’t fear if there are a couple of jagged edges on the backside of your skirt. You may be hemming the underside edges, which is able to cowl up any minor imperfections.
/zero/02/Make a Circle Skirt Step 5 Model 5.360p.mp4
Creating the Waistband
1Verify the width of the waistband. Unfold the material as soon as so that’s it simply folded in half. Then unfold your fitted skirt and maintain the waistband of it up in opposition to the waist of your circle skirt. It will assist you to to find out if the waist is the proper measurement.
/f/ff/Make a Circle Skirt Step 6 Model 5.360p.mp4
- Whether it is too small, then you may make it a bit wider.
2Measure cloth for the waistband. Subsequent, take the material that you simply put aside on your waistband and place it subsequent to the waist of your skirt. You must have two strips on prime of one another with the patterns dealing with one another (if the material has a sample). Place the strips close to the waist and lower the perimeters of the strip in order that you’ll have sufficient to hem the waistband.
- Because the waist is a half circle and the strips are straight, you could need to measure for this half or at the very least lower slightly extra cloth than you assume you’ll need.
/5/50/Make a Circle Skirt Step 7 Model 5.360p.mp4
ThreeSew the waistband items. Take your waistband items and guarantee that they’re lined up. If the material has a sample, it ought to nonetheless be dealing with in. Take your two waistband items and stitch them collectively alongside the brief edges. Then, hem the lengthy edges by folding a couple of half inch of the material over and stitching alongside the sting of this cloth.
- Use a daily sew to stitch the waistband.
- You do not want to make use of any elastic for the waistband since you might be utilizing stretch cloth.
/6/68/Make a Circle Skirt Step Eight Model 5.360p.mp4
FourPin the waistband to your circle skirt. Open up your circle skirt and lay it out in your desk or ground. Then take your waistband and begin pinning it onto the waist of your circle skirt. As you pin on the waistband, guarantee that the print aspect of your waistband faces the print aspect of your circle skirt.
- The sides of the waistband and the circle skirt edge needs to be at the same time as effectively.
- Begin by pinning one edge to the circle skirt after which pin the other edge. Then, pin the a part of the waistband that’s midway between the 2 pins you simply positioned. Then, pin the a part of the waistband throughout from that pin. Hold pinning in the best way to make sure a fair distribution of the waistband.
/zero/0b/Make a Circle Skirt Step 9 Model 5.360p.mp4
5Connect the waistband to your circle skirt. After your waistband is pinned to your circle skirt, begin stitching alongside the sting of your waistband and circle skirt waist with a zig-zag sew. Take away the pins as you go.
- Just be sure you stretch each items of material a bit as you sew to guarantee that they are going to be even and clean.
- After you might be performed, simply flip the waistband cloth over and tuck it into the waist whenever you put on it.
/e/e3/Make a Circle Skirt Step 10 Model 5.360p.mp4
Ending the Skirt
1Fold over the perimeters of the skirt backside. Earlier than you hem the skirt, you’ll need to fold the perimeters over. Create the fold a couple of half inch away from the sting of the skirt backside all the best way round. You’ll be able to pin the perimeters if you wish to ensure that the hem can be even or you may simply fold the perimeters as you go.
/6/6b/Make a Circle Skirt Step 11 Model 5.360p.mp4
- An alternative choice is to begin with a baste sew to mark the hem fold. You’ll be able to sew a baste sew about ½ inch away out of your skirt edge after which use this sew as a information as you fold over the fabric and stitch the hem. Fold alongside the baste sew as if it’s a perforated line. Then, you may both take away the baste sew or fold over the sting once more and stitch.
- For much more accuracy, attempt stitching a bit of ribbon onto the inside fringe of your skirt backside. Then, fold over the ribbon and stitch once more. The ribbon may assist to offer some construction and added physique to your circle skirt.
2Hem the skirt. Sew the hem utilizing a daily sew. Guarantee that the perimeters are even throughout the skirt. If you’re anxious about making a mistake, then you may at all times begin with a basting sew after which go over it with a daily sew when you find yourself proud of the outcomes.
- Hemming a skirt could be a problem due to the curved edges. Go gradual and attempt to be affected person.
- Strive ironing the sting earlier than you sew. You may also iron the hem edge flat earlier than you sew it in place. This will likely cut back the possibilities of puckering materials or uneven spots.
/f/fb/Make a Circle Skirt Step 12 Model 5.360p.mp4
ThreeTrim off extra thread and put on your skirt. After you end the hem, trim away and free extra threads alongside your hem and waistband. Now your skirt is able to put on! You’ll be able to put on a circle skirt a number of other ways, so have enjoyable experimenting.
- Strive pairing your circle skirt with a fitted t-shirt and pair of sandals for a straightforward spring or summer season look, or put on it with tights, a sweater, and a few boots for a cute fall or winter look.
/b/be/Make a Circle Skirt Step 13 Model 5.360p.mp4
Add New Query
Do I’ve to make use of stretchy cloth?
No, you should use non-stretchy materials too. Simply add a zipper on the aspect or on the again for simple sporting.
How a lot materials do I must make a measurement 32 full circle skirt?
Measure the circumference of your waist after which measure how far down you need the skirt to return. That would be the radius for a bigger circle and the periphery could be the hem.
What do I do with out the zipper?
Because you make it to your measurement and you might be supposed to make use of stretchy cloth, the skirt ought to simply slip on with a little bit of stretch and it will not fall down as a result of your hips are wider than your waist and the material clings. In fact, that does not cease you from including a zipper, clasps, hooks or no matter else you want for the sake of reassurance.
Do I’ve so as to add a waistband? Can I simply add a big hem in prime?
You undoubtedly need one thing to maintain the skirt up, so you will want some type of waistband. You should utilize a size of elastic as an alternative.
Can I substitute the skirt with one thing else? All I’ve are shorts and denims.
You’ll be able to simply measure as an alternative of utilizing the skirt. Measure your waist and divide it by 6.28. This would be the radius of the waist part of your skirt.
How lengthy is the skirt when it is performed?
Nonetheless lengthy you determined to make it. Use your waist measurement and your most popular size.
How a lot materials do I must make a protracted skirt?
Measure the circumference of your hips and divide that quantity by 2π. Subsequent, measure out of your waist to only under the place you need the skirt to fall. Add the numbers collectively and multiply the reply by two to search out the world of the quantity of fabric you want on your skirt.
Ask a Query
If this query (or an analogous one) is answered twice on this part, please click on right here to tell us.
Because of all authors for making a web page that has been learn 406,796 occasions.